I don't know why, but I've always wanted to see the opera house. I always wanted to see a ballet there or search the cellar for Eric. Steve kept calling out for him while we were inside, but alas, he did not make an appearance.
"Eric?"
On to more Paris touristy stuff.
My first view of the Seine.
Famous Hermes macarons. We bought six. I liked the caramel one best. The mint one was ew.
Where Chopin died.
Paris hotels and shops.
Something that we found for quick lunches that saved me: CoJean. It was a fast food health eatery which catered to people with food intolerance. I discovered this salad that I ate several times the rest of the trip: chicken, peas, edamame, sprouts, herb dressing, cheese and chesnuts. I didn't take a picture of the food, just the side of the store. I don't know why. I guess I wanted to remember my lovely quick lunches. Oh, fondness:
The first day really wore me out. The part of town that we spent most of our time was crazy crowded and loud and high traffic-y. And everyone smokes. Even the kids and the pets. At least that was my first impression after a tiring day of rushing around. No Eiffel Tower the first day, can you believe it? Not even a glimpse from afar. That was first on the itinerary the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment