It's difficult to blog when nothing exciting ever happens. It's also difficult to blog when there are no good pictures. I really want to update this blog, but there is no material to work with, currently. Very frustrating. So today after church I took pictures of us. The pictures are--unfortunately--an accurate portrayal of our lives, which are not photogenic. My sister, who is an excellent photographer, has a blog full of aesthetically pleasing photos. Her daughters have amazing hairdos and their clothes are adorable. My kids wear non-matching pajamas as soon they feasibly can during the day. I don't know how to make anything look good--not hair, nor home. I'm of two minds about this. You see, I was raised in the same home as my sister: Making things/people look nice is a virtue among the women in my family. Thus, part of me is frustrated. But I am also lazy and sarcastic. So the other part of me frequently looks amusedly at my sloven children over the novel I am currently enjoying. Today my dual nature is at battle, but here are the pictures I took anyway:
Noelle's room...unmade bed, stuff every where.
Pajamas at 2:00 PM.
Our dog wearing--that's right--a diaper. How fitting that of all the dogs in the universe, we got stuck with the one who pees 15 times a day (half where he is supposed to go, and half on the carpet, right in front of our eyes). After purchasing a professional carpet cleaner and reading every dog-training book on the market, this is our happy compromise. My youngest child is in kindergarten, but I'll be changing diapers daily for the next decade anyway.
A Fletcher-edition Pillow Pet.
She tries to be photogenic, but alas, there are brothers and bunny ears.
When he's not in a pillow, he's perching.
That was our Sunday afternoon. How was yours?






Ahhh, normal! That perching is impressive.
ReplyDeleteI love how the Fletchers roll! PJs rock!
ReplyDeleteOur Sunday... hmm... I can't remember much... I did get a short nap. Originally, I thought we'd celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but we didn't. I don't think I cooked at all that day. What did we do? We went for a walk in the marsh across the street. I thought it was odd we saw a goldfish (koi?) swimming there. (Was it flushed released there by the previous owner?) Will and Vince watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and Kung Fu Panda Holiday. Oh!--Will fell hard running downhill on the gravel path at the marsh. I was very grateful for bandaids that night. Two bandaids equaled hardly any complaining. They reassured Will would heal.
Please keep the posts coming. Seriously, you could just type something and I would still be a devoted follower.