Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Bad Week

This last week was a bit traumatic for Noelle.  First of all, Steve coerced her into going to the ward campout.  She did not want to go because she is a highly logical creature.  Bugs+No Indoor Plumbing=Bad Idea.  It's a no brainer, really.  But Steve promised she would have fun.  Around 3 AM she woke up feeling yucky.  At 4:00 AM, she knew she was sick.  By 5:00 AM she was throwing up, screaming in between at the top of her lungs sentiments like, "I am puking!!!" and "I HATE CAMPING!!"  Yes, the entire ward heard her.  And yes--the damage has officially been done.  She will forever associate camping with sickness and agony.

A few days after that she took a spill on the cement at the school play ground and landed on her chin.  I think she was more upset at the notion of being seen with a bandaid on her face than anything else.  It was nearly as traumatic as the camping trip.

Happily, if you poke her in the tummy, she still will do this:

2 comments:

  1. Poor Noelle. But I completely agree with her! Why would anyone want to sleep outside like a homeless person?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for more blog posts from Iowa! By the way, you totally had me going with the ice cream commercial.

    Can't believe Laura did budge and give you one little smile. And I love Noelle, the photo bomber.

    We haven't seen Despicable Me. I'm sure Will would love it, but would a four year old boy (i.e. Vince) enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete